Saturday, March 8, 2008

"Sex Noises"

I moved to a new apartment on Feb. 28th. My lease was up in my old place and both of my roommates are getting married so we all split. (Ironically, we all moved within a few blocks of each other. Baby steps.) I live in the Avenues now and I love it. It's an old building built in the 1940's so it has a lot of character. This is my bedroom, kitchen and front room. It's really small, but I like it a lot. It's on the 4th floor and of course there's no elevator so moving in was a workout. I recruited some burly young men to move the heavy stuff and they did an excellent job. I bought a new TV as shown (I think that's Young Guns" playing) and I underestimated it's weight, or I overestimated my own strength. The guy at RC Willey put it in my car and when I got home I realized there was no way I was going to be able carry it up four flights of stairs. I couldn't even put my arms around it. I sat down on my bumper and weighed my options. 1) I could call someone and ask them to come help me, but I didn't want anyone to have to drive all the way to my apartment just to carry a box up some stairs. 2) I could leave it in my car until I was going to be with someone that night. (Considering my friend Hilary's car was broken into in that same parking lot not too many weeks ago, I decided this probably was not the best option.) 3) I could knock on one of my neighbor's doors and hope that they were not 96 years old. Or 4) I could ask one of the young men congregated outside of the church across the street. I decided to go with #4. I'm sure the young men were scouts and service has got to be one of the scout motos so they couldn't say no. As I ran a few things up to my apartment before going over to the church I realized the scout leaders might be a little suspicious of a young woman asking some young impressionable men to come inside her apartment, but I figured I would try to look as innocent as possible. By the time I got back downstairs the scouts were already inside the church and I didn't want to go chasing them for assistance. I was back to square one sitting on my bumper. Then a man pulled into the parking lot and started unloading groceries from his car. He was young and looked as though he could handle half the load of my TV. I walked up to him and explained the situation. He of course said he would help. He had a beautiful voice from the second he opened his mouth and I soon found out that he's an opera singer. Of course. We took the TV up to my apartment and when I opened the door and everything was put away and arranged, my helper was amazed that it was all put together after living there for only a day and a half. I just told him I was annul about order, which is true, but I didn't tell him that I also don't sleep, which gives you lots of extra time. Which....brings me to my next subject. I moved in on a Thursday. I put a few things away that night, but not much. Friday I went to work and then out and by the time I got home it was pretty late...around 1:00 am. Not thinking of the time and how moving furniture around on wood floor and pounding nails in the wall might wake up fellow tenants, I went to work putting things away. I did this for a few hours and then went to bed. When I woke up on Saturday morning I had a note under my door. It read as follows: "Will you please quiet down? Your sex noises are ridiculously loud!!! I can hear you through ear plugs, and I'm not a light sleeper. You already know you wake me up. Please, again, I'm asking you to quiet down." My initial reaction was feeling bad that I had been so loud, and I do still feel bad about that, but after some thought I realized how funny it was. My "sex noises." That was the best part. Needless to say, I have tried to be a bit more quiet to avoid any further contention.

5 comments:

Bill Gates II said...

your apartment is really cute. our present to you will be perfect. i intended to get it to you this week and then i got the gomboo. i will work on it this week. good luck with your new living quarters.

The Adams Family said...

I'm glad you have updated your blog once again. I kept checking it in hopes that it would happen someday.
Kim

jess said...

I love that story! I didn't know you were so noisy! Good thing you didn't go over to get those young boys to help you....

Alyssa said...

I was actually quite shocked when I clicked on the link to your blog and found new posts. Yahoo!! Heaven knows that's the only way I can keep up on the happenings in your life. Oh well, April is almost here and then you said we could be friends again, right?

By the way, I live a number of blocks away from your new place and can still hear the "sex noises" as well so you could please tone it down a bit? :)

出合いサイト said...

今最高にアツい出合いサイトをご存知ですか?恋愛に繋がる出会いは必ずある!ほんとに出合いの無い人だけアクセスして下さい!業者が蔓延しているSNS系サイトよりも出合いサイトが今アツい!